Smart Amazing Phone Tips and Tricks
Can I perform a hard reset on my SAP?
Yes, you can hard reset your SMART Amazing Phone. The hard reset will restore all factory defaults. To perform a hard reset, follow these simple steps:
1. Make sure that your phone is turned off and you have a MMC/SD card inserted in your phone. It is advisable that you remove the battery for 5 seconds before proceeding.
2. Press and hold the record button.
3. While still holding the record button, press the power button. A white screen will display with the text ‘Card Found’ at the topmost portion.
4. After a few seconds, you will see the message ‘Press any key to enter bootloader’. When you see this press and hold the action key.
5. A list will appear on your screen. Choose ‘Erase IPSM’ by using the navi button or pressing 8. You will see something like this text written on the screen:
Flash identify OK
Flash erase OK”
At the bottom of the screen you will also the text ‘PASSED’
6. Remove the battery and wait for 30 seconds.
7. Replace the battery and turn on your phone. The startup time of your phone will take several minutes the first time you turn it on after the hard reset.
Why does my screen go blank?
Some Smartphones shut off the display after a period of inactivity to conserve battery power. To turn the screen on agai press any key on the device.
My SAP is stuck in headset mode. How do I fix it?
There might be something stuck in the Headset jack. Try blowing lightly into the headset jack.
How can I speed up my SMART Amazing Phone?
One way to improve performance is to turn off key click sounds. To do this:
1. Programs > Settings > Sounds
2. Change the “Keypad Control” to “None”
How do I enable and disable key guard?
There are two ways to enable key guard,
1. Press and hold the end key from the home screen (that’s the red button) or
2. Press the power button briefly and select option 3, key guard, from the menu.
To disable key guard press the unlock softkey and then press #.
To avoid hanging up the data connection, press the power button briefly and select option 3, key guard, from the menu.
How do I increase the amount of time of the Backlight?
The Backlight times out after 10 seconds, it is possible to increase this time but this will adversely affect the battery life. To amend the Backlight duration:
1. Press Programs.
2. Scroll to More and press the Action key.
3. Scroll to Settings and press the Action key.
4. Scroll to More and press the Action key.
5. Scroll to Power Management and press the Action key.
6. Scroll to Backlight Timeout and press the Action key. Simply set it to the length of time that you require.